About Us

Hinds Energy is a fourth-generation family business that was established by Eldred J. Hinds in September of 1944. The business started out in Eldred's home on Locust Street in Montrose, then moved to Cedar Street, and finally to its current location in November of 1986.

The company began as a two-person operation with Eldred and his wife Carol. They hired their sons Allyn and Duane, and now their grandsons, Mike, Steve and Jim, are running the company. With over 50 dedicated employees, Hinds Energy is one of the largest employers in Montrose. 

What started out as a fuel delivery company has expanded to include propane.


 Click below for employment opportunities at Hinds Energy.